EFT Tapping (Emotional Freedom Technique)
If you have been interested in learning Tapping (EFT) Jennifer would love to teach you. She often uses this in session to alleviate stress and reduce anxiety. Jennifer works with you to deal with the actual core problems and has training to incorporate both tapping and psychotherapy. It's a win-win for her clients. If this has been something you've been thinking about, call her to discuss what kind of work you two can do together.
EFT / Tapping / Emotional Freedom Technique in the Sydney, CBD
EFT /Tapping is an energy psychology used to alleviate anxiety and worry. If you have been interested in learning EFT / Tapping take the opportunity to learn it from Sydney Counsellor Jennifer. She is a trained psychotherapist and will be able to help with underlying issues as well as EFT. It takes exactly one session to teach you how to use Tapping (EFT). Additional sessions can be used to tweak EFT /Tapping for your specific needs as well as address any underlying issues.
How Tapping / EFT Works:
Tapping, or EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is considered an energy healing technique used to significantly reduce stress and anxiety associated with unpleasant thoughts or memories.
As a trained psychotherapist I use tapping to help alleviate anxiety around current events or relieve anxiety about painful memories. I may work with you in the following way:
- help you identify and hone in on the single and specific emotionally charged event or events (It might not be what you think....).
- help you visualize and emotionally bring up the event (the target) in your mind
- have you follow my lead in tapping on various meridian points on your head, chest and hands while repeating specific agreed upon phrase or phrases
- continue tapping (or other) until your discomfort or the emotional charge subsides while continually measuring and managing your emotional discomfort throughout the process. Tapping usually takes 2-3 rounds
p. 0403 605 802
How Tapping / EFT Can Be Used
Tapping can be quite fast once the target (the emotionally charged event) is identified. It usually takes around 10 minutes to go through the actual tapping process. I will also provide you with a cheat sheet so you can continue tapping at home if you choose.
Tapping is extremely good at relieving anxiety around a specific event. It is also great for relieving anxiety around specific unpleasant and traumatic memories.
I am level II trained in EFT from EFT Universe and use tapping as an adjunct to therapeutic work and trauma work. I take into account each clients individual history, previous experiences and comfort level with differing modalities and may introduce tapping if it seems it may be useful. Some clients are not interested. Some clients love it. I respect all personal preferences. If tapping is something you are interested in, please let me know.
Ways we may work together:
- We may use tapping as a tool during our session while working through highly charged emotional material or to help reduce your anxiety
- We may agree that you will practice tapping at home between sessions to reduce anxiety or highly charged emotional experiences or memories that occur away from the office
While EFT has produced remarkable clinical results, it is still considered to be in the experimental stage. Practitioners and the public must take complete responsibility for their use of it.
- Please consult with qualified health practitioners regarding your use of EFT
- FIRST AND FOREMOST- SAFETY FIRST: As with any modality, if EFT does not work for you in emotional regulation or reducing anxiety, consult with your specialist on finding something that does